If you or your spouse wants to file for a divorce, it’s not uncommon to feel hurt, confused, and overwhelmed. You may not know where to start or who to turn to for help.
We understand. We’ve helped hundreds of clients through the divorce process and we do our best to make it as easy and straightforward as it can be. We know that this can be a scary and painful time, but rest assured—we will treat you, and your case, with the utmost respect, dignity, and empathy.
Whether you expect your divorce to be straightforward and simple or more complex—for example, if there are children, a business, and/or significant assets involved—we can help. It’s a smart idea to work with an attorney even if you think the divorce will be relatively uncomplicated; we will help streamline the process and help ensure you’re protected.
Talk With An Attorney Early
If you are considering a divorce—or your spouse has informed you that they want a divorce—the first thing you should do is speak with an attorney. This is a crucial time and you are likely experiencing a range of emotions. You may not be thinking clearly and you likely aren't thinking of all the considerations and ramifications.
We believe that a good family law practitioner's job is to advise our clients on the pros and cons of the situation. We'll help you:
- Think about the potential divorce from all angles—is divorce the best option for you and your family?
- Answer your questions—you likely have many
- Help you understand what a divorce might look like for you and your specific situation
- Find additional support and resources, for example, if counseling may be appropriate or if you need help escaping domestic violence
- Navigate the next steps of proceeding with a divorce
We've been through this many times before and we can help you think about the best options for you and your family; and if it comes to divorce, to advocate on your behalf.
Trust the Experts
Leading up to and during a divorce, we'll help you navigate the often complicated process and make important decisions surrounding:
- Child custody and placement
- Child support
- Property and debt division
- Spousal maintenance and support
Why Moen Sheehan Meyer?
Here are some of the reasons Moen Sheehan Meyer is a sought-after firm for divorces:
- We are experienced, detail oriented, and tough when we need to be
- We handle complex cases where significant assets, businesses, and child custody are all involved
- Though our goal is to resolve divorce cases outside the courtroom, if a trial is necessary our attorneys have significant courtroom experience
- Our clients feel heard and respected; they know we put their needs and wishes first
- We communicate—we'll keep you apprised of what's happening with your case throughout the entire process, and we're here to answer your questions
- Our firm is full-service; we are a team with experience in multiple areas of law, plus dedicated support staff, ensuring our work for you is completed efficiently and as quickly as possible
- We get the results our clients want while maintaining a focus on preserving relationships