Child Support

At Moen Sheehan Meyer, we understand that navigating child support can be a stressful and emotional experience. Our experienced attorneys are here to help guide you through the process and ensure that your child's best interests are protected.

Our legal team has extensive experience in handling child support cases. We can assist you in a variety of child support matters, including:

  • Establishing child support: Our attorneys can help you establish child support by filing a motion with the court, gathering financial information from the other parent, and presenting evidence to support your child's needs.
  • Modifying child support: If your financial situation or the other parent's financial situation has changed significantly since the original child support order, we can help you seek a modification to ensure that your child's needs are being met.
  • Enforcing child support: If the other parent has failed to make their court-ordered child support payments, we can assist you in seeking enforcement through the court.
  • Paternity and child support: If you are a parent seeking to establish paternity and child support for your child, we can help you navigate the legal process.

Our attorneys are skilled negotiators who can work with you and the other parent to reach an agreement that serves your child's best interests. If litigation becomes necessary, we are prepared to aggressively advocate for your rights and your child's well-being.

If you need assistance with a child support matter, contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can assist you.

Child Support FAQs

Here are some frequently asked questions and answers that families might have about child support:

Q: What is child support?
A: Child support is a court-ordered financial contribution that a non-custodial parent makes to the custodial parent to help provide for the child's needs.

Q: How is child support calculated?
A: Child support calculations are typically based on a formula that takes into account one or both parents' incomes, the number of children involved, the court-ordered placement schedule, and other factors such as medical expenses, childcare costs, and other variable expenses relating to the minor children.

Q: Can child support be modified?
A: Yes, child support can be modified if there is a significant change in either parent's financial situation, the court-ordered placement schedule, or if the child's needs have changed.

Q: What if the other parent doesn't pay child support?
A: If the other parent fails to pay court-ordered child support, you can seek enforcement through the court system.

Q: What if the other parent and I can't agree on child support?
A: If you and the other parent are unable to agree on child support, you may need to go through the court system to have a judge make a determination.

Q: Do I need a lawyer for child support issues?
A: While it's possible to represent yourself in a child support case, it's generally recommended to seek the assistance of an experienced attorney who can help ensure that your rights and your child's best interests are protected.

Q: How long does child support last?
A: Child support typically lasts until the child reaches the age of majority, which is 18 in most states. In some cases, child support may continue past the age of 18 if the child has special needs or is still in school.

Contact us today at: (608) 784-8310 or complete the form below:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.




Can a Parent Refuse Visitation if Child Support is Not Paid in Wisconsin?


How can I Make Changes to Child Custody or Support?


Can I Modify a Wisconsin Child Support Order?